The Academy for Comprehensive Achievement Preschool serves children ages 3-5 years with 2 sessions Monday through Thursday.
Morning Session 8:30am - 11:30am
Afternoon Session 12:30pm - 3:30pm
We are open Fall, Spring and Summer to help prepare your child for success in school and we now accept Childcare Assistance!
Please contact us at ACAPreschoolAK@gmail.com for more information or to schedule a tour.
As an inclusive preschool, we work to foster a sense of caring, compassion and understanding between children of all abilities and will work with each child based on their individual level of need to prioritize their success and readiness to start Kindergarten at age 5.
Our program goes beyond the expectations and standards required of preschools. The program is overseen by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst at the Doctoral level (BCBA-D) and our staff has training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Early Childhood Education (ECE). This also allows us to offer a much wider range of services and child and family- centered support than most preschools/child care facilities to include:
- Children enrolled at the ACA Preschool will never be sent home due to behavioral need and we will develop an individualized plan of support for each child with their family to shape success.
- Children who may have already been previously unsuccessful in other preschool and day care facilities are welcome and encouraged to enroll in the ACA preschool.
- We provide a unique focus on individual child learning, behavioral and social needs to get preschoolers better ready to start public school at age 5.
- Children who are not yet toilet trained are welcome to enroll with the ACA preschool and we will work with the child and family to support this area of need.
- Children with social, behavioral and other quality of life needs are welcome and strongly encouraged to enroll at ACA Preschool.
We provide individualized, educational programs which blend the best, most effective instructional and early intervention practices and methods in the fields of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Early Childhood Education (ECE).
ACA Preschool will provide families and other child providers with an in depth school tour and Q & A opportunity to include the participation of our doctoral level Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA-D) to help with a smooth transition.
We work with children enrolled at the ACA Preschool on a wide variety of Pre-Kindergarten and pre-academic skills to include letter and number recognition, pre-reading and early reading skills, pre-writing and early writing, fine motor development and such “ready to learn” behaviors as sitting in a group, responding with the class, social skills, peer interaction and participation, increased independence, communication and raising a hand to get the teacher’s attention.
Families who select ACA Preschool are assured that their children will receive an exceptional early learning experience for their child. Our primary goal is for all children to succeed in school and, ultimately, have a smooth transition into Kindergarten. Towards this goal, we address all facets of child development relevant to each child.